WHO Approved Reduced Osmolarity Oral Rehydration Salts 20.5g/0.72 oz Powder Packet. (NEW FORMULA). Manufactured according to Pharmaceutical Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). The new improved formula is the result of extensive research sponsored by WHO’s Department of Child and Adolescent Health and Development and supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). What exactly are TRIORAL Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS)? TRIORAL ORS are effective, inexpensive, safe and convenient packets of pre-formulated salts/ sugar when mixed with water will rehydrate your body fast, regardless of the cause. Each TRIORAL ORS packet is a sealed, pre-measured and pre-formulated powder that contains: Glucose anhydrous 13.5g, Trisodium Citrate Dehydrate 2.9g, Sodium Chloride 2.6g and Potassium Chloride 1.5g. How does TRIORAL ORS work and why are these electrolytes important? This combination of electrolytes with glucose optimizes efficient absorption via the intestinal tract. With TRIORAL ORS both the active transport of glucose and diffusion of salts/water through the intestinal lining are at work– so you rehydrate fast. Dehydration may occur unexpectedly and rapidly as a result of excessive fluid loss due to sweating, urination, fever, etc. When the body is depleted of critical salts and water, severe dehydration many ensue, resulting in acute medical emergencies. How should I take the TRIORAL ORS packets? Empty completely one TRIORAL ORS packet into one liter of water. Only open the sealed packet when you are ready to mix with water and drink it. Since it contains NO artificial sweeteners or flavoring agents, at your discretion, you can squeeze a lemon, lime or orange to taste. If recommended by a physician, pharmacist or other health professional, follow his/her instructions.
- WHO Approved NEW Reduced Osmolarity Oral Rehydration Salts
- Electrolyte Replacement During Intense Physical Activity.
- Great Addition to your Medical First Aid Kit or Hiking Kit, and a Must Have for International Travelers.
- Hangover Recovery Support, Nutritional Support, Fatigue Support, Dehydration Support Caused by Food Poisoning, Stomach Flu, Fever, Diarrhea, or Vomiting.
- No artificial colors, Preservatives or artificial flavors. Manufactured in Accordance with Pharmaceutical GMP Regulations. Each Order includes a Certificate of Analysis with USFDA Registration Number.